In preparation for my upcoming collaboration collection with Kacie - I though you all should get to know her a little better.
If you don't yet follow her on social media - you should. Artists add beauty to your feed through absolutely gorgeous photographs, hypnotic and soothing process videos, and so much more.
Enjoy the following facts provided by Kacie:
- Full name: Kacie Landis Bourque (pronounced Burk)
- I'm from New Orleans, LA, but currently living in El Paso, TX.
- I started painting flowers when I lived in Louisiana - finding references was easy there. Now that I live in the desert, finding my floral inspiration feels like a treasure hunt. It forces me to constantly be looking for beauty & to "stop and smell the roses" when I find them.
- Painting from my own photos & memories is an important part of my process & helps me feel really connected to the work.
- I've known my husband since 7th grade
- We just welcomed our first baby girl this fall (assuming she'll be here by the time this goes out)
- In addition to my studio work, I also paint live at weddings and events!
- I started my career as a graphic designer and slowly transitioned to painting full-time over the course of a few years.
- I'm 6 ft tall.
- I have a studio pup named Reba who's always by my side. She gets so excited to see me packaging prints because she knows a ride to the Post Office is coming soon - her favorite!
- I'm endlessly inspired by impressionist painters - Sorolla is my all-time favorite!
- I love playing with different mediums, but I always come back to oil paint.
- Lately, I've been bingeing all the True Crime Podcasts while I work.
- I'm a total morning person & it's rare to see me up past 9 pm.
- In college, I worked as a graphic design intern at Disneyland where I got to design a bi-weekly magazine - so fun!
- I've been working on an ever-growing collection of garden paintings over the last 2 years.
17. A goal of mine for 2024 is to simplify and work slowly. I want to make some big paintings and really focus on making my best work yet!
18. I'm very much an introvert.
19. I love to travel, but I'm equally as happy at home watching a good movie with my family.
20. The best days are the ones where I get lost in a painting. I can easily go for 8 hours stretches if I'm really into it!
Her website is: https://www.kacielandis.com/